Sunday 29 April 2018

Officially 25: Another Phase of Life


According to Paul Hudson - “25 is a special age. It’s an age when we stand on the cusp of a new chapter in our lives”.
Now I am officially 25 with so many thoughts racing through my head and reality staring wide at me. What lies ahead of me? How long will it take me to get financially stable and live the life that I have always dreamt of? How many more hurdles do I have to cross to reach my destination? Who will that Mr. Right be? The fear of the unknown grips me…
Growing up for me has been a blend of the good, the bad and the ugly experiences but being the very determined and goal oriented lady that I am, i never give up on any situation no matter how challenging it is, I always find a way to get back to the top. In fact, I love being challenged because it shapes me into a better person.
Each time I think of the fact that I am not getting any younger, I get scared; not because am growing older but because i am far behind in accomplishing my planned goals. I wish to live a comfortable life and to take good care of my parent and younger brother before getting married. I want my parent to enjoy the benefit of their investment in me. I want to also extend my blessing to the needy and helpless by empowering them. I want my future husband to be proud of the woman he plans spending the rest of his life with.
To err is human; I am not perfect, I have made mistakes in the past, some I regret and others I don’t. I strive to be a better person with each passing day and pray for the Lord’s direction in my actions and endeavors. 
I thank God for my life, for the lady  I have grown to be and the woman I am becoming also for the kind of parent He gave me as my care takers; who I am today is all thanks to them as they instilled morals and the fear of God in me. To my younger bro, Jude who always believes in me, I couldn’t ask for a better brother. I love you. To my friends who have been there for me through thick and thin, thank you; with you, I can always be myself without being judged. 
As for today, I am just going to celebrate my birthday on a low- key, then pray and hope for the best. My life henceforth, I leave to God to let his will be done. I am just going to go with the flow and have fun… 
Happy birthday to me! 
Like seriously! Am i the only one having these thoughts of what the future holds for me? Let’s know what the feeling is like for you at this phase in the comment box below.




No comments:

Post a Comment